Learning balance is important from the earliest childhood! Tree Pose is not only a great asana for practicing standing on one leg, staying focused and strong, but it is a lot of fun! The practice can be accompanied by cool stories, games and even theatre!
How do you do the pose?
- Stand straight with arms by your side.
- Life the right leg and place the foot nearing the end of the left thigh. Don’t press your knee!
- Make sure the left leg is straight.
- Keep your back straight, foot rooted to the ground.
- Try to equalise your hips which should face front.
- Once balanced, raise your arms in a “Namaste” above your head. If you don’t feel comfortable spread your arms shoulder width apart.
- Look at any object right in front of you. This helps you fix your concentration.
- Repeat with the other leg
This pose is a great exercise for the mind. It helps you build concentration and maintain balance.
It also helps open up the hip joint and makes legs strong.